Wednesday, March 27, 2013

RC Mandeville, Master Poet, P.I.F. (Poet in Fact)

 

Horses Will Surely Save Me  

RC Mandeville's site 

 by RC Mandeville

An infinity of olfactory intoxicants -
sweet grass, hay, and sighs
of sweet mint -
shuddering long breaths,
thick muscles, warm necks:
Horses will surely save me
unto my very depths.

Of men, I've had too many,
but fewer have I known;
I've left my share a-plenty
before the rising dawn,
yet when my sun collapses
from light too great to bear,
it will be horses who surely save me
from the dark that finds me there.

Horses will surely save me,
Yes, this must somehow be.
My horse, how he must save me,
           in his Complex Simplicity.
Fundamentally unbroken,
           Heart-Wild and Spirit-Free,
my horse, unbound by falsehoods
           will guide my soul to me.

I have shown up heavy in heart,
vanquished by life's turns,
unable to find daylight,
all happiness seemingly burned.
Then, meeting his gentle fierceness
and feeling his supple stride,
I am sure my horse can save me
as we head out West to ride.

Horses will surely save me,
Yes, this must somehow be.
My horse, how he must save me,
in his Great Simplicity.
All is not lost in his Presence,
kind and true and strong -
My horse, he's sure to save me
I only pray it won't be long.


 
It takes a Master Poet, or P.I.F. (Poet in Fact), to write and give freely to the world quality works of poetic art. RC Mandeville has those qualities that easily give her that designation. Skilled in the art of poetics, yet publishing openly, without cost, master works to view and appreciate. Her's is fine contemporary poetry given as a gift to the world. For that we thank her.

Bob Atkinson
March, 2013

No comments:

Post a Comment